As a statistician in the PCO team your role covers two main areas; psychometric studies to support development of patient-reported outcome measures and analysis of patient-reported outcome data from clinical trials. Psychometric studies use statistical techniques to evaluate the measurement properties of instruments, ensuring that they are reliable and valid for use in future clinical trials as study endpoints. Key activities include:-
- Providing input on study design, contributing to the statistical methodology section of protocols and reviewing other sections of protocols from a statistical perspective
- Writing Statistical Analysis Plans and working with SAS programmers to prepare associated table shells
- Performing and/or reviewing statistical analyses and providing input on the interpretation of results, with awareness of regulatory requirements
- Providing input on the statistical elements of study reports, publications, and other deliverables
- Utilizing a number of advanced statistical methods including longitudinal data analysis, mixed modelling, growth curve models, multiple imputation, survival analysis and factor analysis
- Serving as a statistical consultant internally for Adelphi Values
- Providing internal training on relevant statistical methodology
- Production of statistical analysis, tables and figures in SAS and/or other statistical software
- Masters in Medical Statistics, Applied Statistics or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Some knowledge or experience of analysing and reporting clinical trial data as well as using SAS would be desirable, as is any experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry
What we offer
We believe in rewarding high performance – so our benefits package includes a competitive salary, performance-related rewards, health insurance, pension, and gym membership. We provide support for further qualifications in a friendly and informal office environment. This position is based in the pretty village of Bollington, near Macclesfield, 40 minutes south of Manchester, UK.
Recruiters: Adelphi Values does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
Applicants: Legislation requires us to ensure that all candidates hold valid documents supporting their identity and their entitlement to work in the UK. At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.