Research Manager, Patient-Centered Outcomes – UK
What we are looking for
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and highly motivated individual to join our Patient-Centered Outcomes team in Bollington, Cheshire, UK as a Research Manager, responsible for leading a range of qualitative and quantitative projects pertaining to the selection, development, validation, and use of COA measures.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Relevant qualifications in health psychology, psychology, psychological research methods, or related disciplines;
- At least two years’ direct experience of performing research relating to PROs/COAs and will be looking to further enhance your knowledge and skills in a dynamic global healthcare consultancy and rapidly moving field;
- Experience in designing and conducting qualitative research, as well as analyzing and reporting qualitative data and/or experience in collecting and analysing quantitative data;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead project teams, as well as being a good team player;
- Experience of client management;
- Eligibility and settlement status to work in the UK.
Ideally, you will have:
- Hands-on experience of developing and/or validating PRO instruments or other COAs;
- Experience of engaging with regulators (e.g. FDA, EMA) regarding COA research;
- An understanding of clinical research, and an appreciation of the practical challenges of evaluating treatment benefits from a patient perspective;
- Experience in writing research proposals;
- An understanding of statistical techniques used in psychometric validation would be an advantage;
- Experience of managing research project finances;
- Experience of developing content for conferences and publication (e.g. poster, conference presentations, and/or journal manuscripts)
- Line management experience is desirable.
How you fit in
You will join a dynamic team of researchers with a passion for excellence in research and client service. You will help manage projects and clients, plan workstreams and prepare client proposals, secure future business, and manage and lead various types of projects related to selection, development, and validation of health outcome assessments. You will also play a key role in supporting more junior team members in terms of mentoring, training, and development, and will be the primary client contact on projects. This is an exciting and visible role with real potential to develop your research career in the important and growing field of patient-centered outcomes research in which you will help design, win, and deliver important and innovative projects.
What we offer
We believe in rewarding high performance, so our benefits package includes a competitive salary, performance-related rewards, health insurance, pension, and on-site gym membership. We are committed to your personal development and provide support for training and development, along with progression opportunities. This position is based in the pretty village of Bollington, near Macclesfield, 40 minutes south of Manchester, UK. Currently, the PCO team is working from home due to the covid-19 pandemic. When it’s possible to return to the office it will be preferable for you to be within commuting distance of Bollington; however, opportunities also exist for the possibility of remote working.
“Working in Adelphi Values satisfies my scientific curiosity and desire to deepen my pharmaceutical knowledge, whilst also developing my commercial acumen and business skills.”
Value Analyst, PROVE
To all recruitment agencies
Adelphi Values does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
To all applicants
Legislation requires us to ensure that all candidates hold valid documents supporting their identity and their entitlement to work in the UK. At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.