Principal Health Economist, PROVE
What we are looking for
With the continued growth of our market access, health economics and healthcare value demonstration activities we are seeking an ambitious Health Economist with a genuine passion for understanding and communicating the value of healthcare through economic modelling. You should have a post graduate qualification in Health Economics with extensive experience of building cost-effectiveness economic models and budget impact models, with at least five years’ industry experience. You will be able to demonstrate experience of developing and interpreting economic models and understanding systematic reviews and meta-analyses. The ability to demonstrate relevant research and technical skills, excellent analytical and writing skills, a creative mindset and a team work ethos is essential.
How you fit in
The purpose of the role is to provide technical health economics expertise by identifying solutions and defining projects to inform and optimise pricing, reimbursement and market access; act as Senior Technical Lead for assigned health economics and other projects; mentor junior health economists; contribute to the further development of PROVE’s health economics solutions, client service and commercial success.
Your key activities will include:
- Assessing RFPs and business opportunities and contributing to the development of proposals.
- Developing and/or directing the development of a range of health economics models, budget impact models, systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses and other statistical analyses as part of the health economics and data analysis practice offerings
- Supporting project teams in their interaction with clients, including providing senior technical leadership on selected assigned projects.
- Reviewing project deliverables, including QC of models and associated protocols and technical reports.
- Monitoring developments in area(s) of expertise; proposing new or modified service offerings and ensuring these are incorporated into proposals and projects, as appropriate.
- Providing input to the strategic direction of PROVE’s Health Economics and Data Analysis practice and engaging in activities to increase the practice’s external profile.
- Mentoring more junior team members and providing training as agreed in area(s) of expertise; this may include line management of assigned team members.
- Working with the Adelphi Values PROVE leadership team to ensure that work is won and delivered to meet commercial targets and strategic goals.
You will demonstrate the following competencies:
- In-depth understanding of the perspectives and evidence needs of the numerous stakeholders involved in healthcare decision-making, including payers, HTA bodies and regulators, together with the commercial imperatives of clients.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic insight, discuss strategic project decisions with clients and project teams, and to gain their confidence.
- High level expertise in designing and efficiently executing a wide range of health economic models
- Ability to lead members of a project team, providing feedback on tasks completed, ensuring they deliver work of appropriate quality to agreed timelines, and motivating them to feel a sense of pride in the project.
- Ability to engage actively with clients to create opportunities for new or follow-on business.
- Business leadership skills: adoption of the perspective of the management team, and demonstration of appropriate business behavior.
- Ability to provide appropriate line management to assigned members of the PROVE practice, providing feedback and ensuring training as needed to support their development.
- Good presentation and communication skills, including the ability to facilitate or participate in workshops and deliver training.
- High level of proficiency in digital information retrieval, management and presentation.
What we offer
We believe in rewarding high performance – so our benefits package includes a competitive salary, performance-related rewards, health insurance, pension, and gym membership. We provide support for further qualifications in a friendly and informal office environment. This position is based at our European head office, in a stunning location just outside Manchester, UK, however the global nature of our business provides real opportunities for international working and includes the prospect of short and long-term assignments in any of our locations.
If you wish to join our team of passionate people, please email your CV and accompanying letter describing why you feel you are suitable for this specific role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Adelphi Values has given me the perfect opportunity to work in healthcare; every day I am enhancing my research skills and learning something new, while working in a fun and friendly, but professional environment.”
Research Associate, Patient-Centered Outcomes
To all recruitment agencies
Adelphi Values does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Recruitment agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
To all applicants
Legislation requires us to ensure that all candidates hold valid documents supporting their identity and their entitlement to work in the UK. At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.